- Established in 1983, La Jolie Ronde is proud to be Ireland’s and the UK’s leading early language-learning organisation
- Over almost 40 years we’ve developed into a unique centre for not just learning a second language, but also as a platform for introducing children to the everyday realities of the country and the culture they are studying.
- Our award winning programme, ensures each friendly weekly lesson combines fun with exciting games, story-telling, songs and activities.
- Our extra-curricular classes have been voted by parents as the 'Best National Activity for 5 to 12 year olds' in the 'What's on 4 Junior Awards' for the past 5 years in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014.
- Our courses are structured and progressive. Children learn through a diversity of oral and practical activities, with the addition of reading and writing as they progress. Emphasis is on songs, rhymes, stories, games, role plays
and on making familiar classroom/home activities part of the language learning process.
- Our classes of small groups (sitting on the floor or around a table) combine high and low activities, with plenty of opportunities for the children to be active during the lesson. The children learn orally first with the emphasis
on songs, role play and learning to communicate. On completion, children will have a sound knowledge of basic vocabulary and phrases which gives them a good grounding for future language learning.
- Children are kept busy and actively involved throughout each lesson. Young children are physically involved, pointing, holding, organising flash cards, pretending, playing the teacher, as well as participating in interactive games.
The aim is for each child to enjoy producing their own work.
- Children are encouraged to think for themselves, to search for clues, to imagine and make up their own plays and to get involved with the stories or the activities introduced throughout the course.